Easy Out
So...I get to work this morning and my friend and co-worker, Dahlia calls me and says "Are we still on for tonight?" I say "Tonight??? What are you talking about?" Turns out tonight's the night of the Synagis (RSV preventative for Premies) Drug Rep soiree at Hard Rock Casino in Tampa. Free Booze, Free Food, Free Gambling (okay, okay...no free gambling...but everything else is FREE!) So I say, "But I can't go tonight...I have to go swimming!" After very little persuasion from Dahlia I agree to scrap swimming and head straight to the slot machines and open bar...slacker that I am!
My wildly extravagant excuses consist of...it's free...and the weather report is crappy so the odds are good that swim practice would get called off! Easy out...right?
In an effort to be somewhat of an "unslacker"...I left work at 4ish, came home and took psycho dog running. Being that it had already been raining...the sidewalks were nice and slippery...which adds a new element to Patrick's squirrel chasing antics. Throw in a delivery man with a big noisy truck and scary looking (apparently) dolly...and I almost busted ass several times. Patrick DOES NOT LIKE BIG SCARY TRUCKS AND DOLLYS...he schizted (sp?) out, tried to bolt behind me and through my legs and gave the delivery guy a good laugh as I tried to maintain my balance and look like I had psycho dog under control. Amazingly I stayed upright!
Cesar Milan (aka The Dog Whisperer) still would not have been impressed!
Still only 2 miles, still sucking wind. But I managed to get a work-out and feel slightly less guilty about heading to Hard Rock!! Wish me luck on the slots...momma needs a new suit (bathing suit that is!!)
Cheers!
By the way...I gotta find a way to add a audio link to this thing...I know all I hear in my head when I start thinking about Key West is the song from Finding Nemo...."just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming!" :>)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home