3.5
Yup...I swam 3.5 miles this past Sunday (9/24). That's 125 laps and it took me 2 hours and 14 minutes (not 15...14! :>)
It's been awhile again since I've posted...just been too busy swimming and working and socializing to sit down and type much up. This one might be pretty short...I have a meeting in 2 hours for Relay for Life.
Anyhoo...I think my last blog was on Sept 11 the day after I had swum (or is it swam?) 111 laps (kinda by mistake) and was recently chastised (very lovingly, of course) by my Aunty Di for having "unexcused absences" from practice!
So...what's happened since then??? Sept 11 I walked/ran about 2 miles with the dogs. Sept 12 I swam 90 minutes with TBAC...still with the interim coach...aka "the guy who likes to torture us". We swam about 2 miles that night. Sept 14 was another 90 minutes of swimming...and another 2 miles...all disguised in 400's. Sun the 17th I swam on my own. I had planned to swim 3.5 miles that day...but only did 94 laps which is about 2.7 miles. I got to the pool late and had to be back home by 4:30 pm to meet the Great Pyrenese rescue lady chick to get Kira's medical records, etc. Sept 19 practice was cancelled due to the torrential downpour and lightning (Aunty Di...I assume that's an "excused absence??" :>) Sept 20th I went to a cooking class with some girlfriends and ate shrimp stuffed mushrooms, roasted veggies, chicken w/ fancy sauce (don't remember the name) and creme brulee! Wasn't much of a workout but it sure was delicious! Sept 21st I was down and out with a migraine and didn't make practice...Sat the 23rd I ran about 3 miles and on Sunday I accomplished the 3.5 mile mark!
I was absolutely and totally exhausted when I finished...but I finished. I went home...sat on the couch and let Dave wait on me (as much as he was willing too!)
I still have 262 days of training which is just over 8 1/2 months. Even if I only add 1/4 mile each week to my distance...I'll be at 12.5 before June 16th. I won't say I'm not worried or concerned about my training...but I'm more afraid of things out of my control (weather, sealife, etc.) then things within my control (pushing myself to finish). I talk to my sister in law, Beth, on a fairly regular basis (she is training for a half marathon in January) and even though we both have a lot of training to do...we both KNOW we can accomplish our goals!
Go Us Go!!
Well...sorry this wasn't my normal charismatic journaling...but I wanted to get something down on paper (so to speak) before I forgot too much of what I've done. Next month I'm going to add weight training into the mix...not sure WHEN during the day...but I may have to start going to the gym before work...GASP! That's definitely not my first choice! :>) In the meantime I'll just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming!
Cheers!
Dianne
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home