
Hi all...not too much news to report...but still just trying to keep the journal up to date...helps me remember where I'm at!
Tuesdays practice with TBAC went well. Once again I lasted the whole 90 minutes and so did the weather! Our normal coach, Dave, was out of town so another one of the guys came up with our practice. He's got a totally different style from Dave...then again, I've only swam with Dave a few time...so maybe Dave's a sadist on occasion as well!! Mark (the sadist) had us swimming 300's, each one quicker than the last and by the time practice was over I was grateful to get out of the water and use my arms instead of my legs. Apparently Mark is more a "middle distance" swimmer...and doesn't like 50's. Regardless, I survived the drills and was only a little sore Wednesday morning. I spent some time talking to Karen, one of the ladies that swims in the "spa lane" with me...I told her about my goal to swim around Key West in June. She was very kind and told me that I'd be just fine...but to try and do some open water swims before Key West. That's definitely my intention...swimming in a pool with no chop, no current, and marked lanes will be considerably different than open water! I'd also say up until the untimely death of Steve Irwin...I wasn't much worried about sea life...guess now I gotta avoid those 4 meter stingrays. By the way, I think the loss of the Crocodile Hunter was very, very sad...I actually got choked up watching the news and thinking about his wife and children.
Anyhow...Wednesday after work I never made it running. I had to vacuum the house and then meet with Darlene from the North Florida Great Pyrenese Rescue club...Dave and I are in the process of adopting a Great Pyr. Psycho Dog is in desperate need of a playmate and we are ready to add another dog to the family! It took about a year and half for us to make this move...we still miss Cloe terribly...but we think it will be good for Patrick and I can't wait to have another furball in the house!
Thursday rained so much that practice got cancelled (Florida weather...you can always count on an afternoon rain!!) I did run a couple miles...so at least I got some exercise!
Tonight we go to meet Kira, our prospective adoptee. She's in the picture I attached to this blog! She's a big, beautiful Pyr who is about 4 years old and needs a forever family! She's really a beautiful dog...and I'm excited about meeting her!
More to come later...I'm hoping to swim 2 miles tomorrow at the pool. Let's hope the weather doesn't thwart my plans!
Cheers!
1 Comments:
Very cute puppy!! I can't wait to come over and meet him/her (sense the sarcasim in there) Hope all is well and can't wait to read more!! Talk to you later! Jane
Post a Comment
<< Home