Diary of a Mad Swimmer

My journey from Couch Potato to "finisher" of the 31st Swim Around Key West in June 2007.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

It's been a week or so since I've journaled...so I thought I should write something before I forget what I've actually done!

I didn't do any training the Saturday and Sunday my sister and niece were in town (the same day of the Relay for Life workshop). The three of us watched movies, ate Thai food and birthday cake and played games. It was a fun weekend...but bad for my "training schedule"

That Monday (8/28) I swam about 30 laps at the rec center near my house. Nothing amazing...but at least I was in the water.

On 8/29 I completed the entire 90 minutes of practice with TBAC (Tampa Bay Aquatic Club...the masters program I've joined to train). The practice wasn't nearly as painful as the first one that ended 45 minutes early...so I guess that's the good news. It was hard keeping up with the other women in my lane, but I did...and felt pretty good after practice. We ended just in time for a thunderstorm that rolled in for my drive home.

Wednesday 8/30 I had dinner with some girlfriends so no practice (but man was dinner good!)

Thursday I had another Relay for Life meeting (planning committee) and by the time I got home the most I could manage was a 30 minute WALK with Patrick but he was happy!

Friday I was still being bad and went to dinner with Dave...no running, no swimming, no training!

Saturday 9/2 I finally quit slacking! Patrick got another 30 minute walk and then I hit the pool! I swam for about an hour and completed 104 laps which equals 1.48 miles! No all I have to do is multiply 1.48 about 8.3 times and I'll be at 12.5 miles! No Problem!! :>)

I also ran/walked about 4 to 5 miles that evening at a TBH3 event. So overall Saturday was a very good training day!

Sunday however consisted of sleeping on the sofa, watching movies and eating...guess I went a little overboard on Saturday and needed to recup!

Monday was a holiday (yeah Labor Day!) and although I didn't go running or swimming I did spend about 6 hours cleaning the house. Scrubbing floors and bathrooms count as exercise...I'm sure of it! The cleaning was also very, very important because a couple from the North Florida Great Pyrenees Rescue Club are coming to the house Wednesday night for a home visit. Dave and I are planning to adopt a dog from them. Patrick desperately needs a playmate and we are ready to add another dog to the family. We've been a one-dog family for the last year and half...ever since we lost Cloe. We decided we're both ready to get a second dog and Pyrs are such sweet dogs we decided to go through the rescue club to save one who needs a home! I'm very excited about this and will have to let ya'll know what happens with the home visit. I just hope Patrick behaves himself and doesn't act to stupid during the visit!

I have swim practice tonight with TBAC so hopefully the weather holds out for the whole 90 minutes! And I don't have any meetings Thursday so I should also make that practice. I'll keep trying to do weekly updates...mainly so I can keep track of what I am (or am not) doing!

Cheers!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home