I'm 1/3 of the way there
I should really be heading to bed...it's late, tomorrow's Monday (ugh) AND I SWAM 4.1 MILES TODAY! Yup...4.1 miles...144 laps...all freestyle...and all in 2 hours 29 minutes.
Even if none of you are...I'M IMPRESSED. Mostly b/c I don't feel like complete and total hell right now. I'm kinda tired...but I don't feel anywhere near as bad as I felt last week after the 3.5??
Go figure...
I start hitting the gym tomorrow for weight training...I plan to go at least twice a week...maybe 3 or 4...we'll see how it goes. And for the record...it's not so much lack of motivation...but lack of time. Between having 2 dogs now, dealing with some adjustment issues with the new dog, Relay for Life committments, still having to hold down a job and generally trying to keep on top of other stuff like laundry, eating, sleeping (typing silly blogs) it's hard to have time to hit the gym 4 days a week.
Now someone out there is going to mindlessly suggest something like "why don't you just get up before work and go to they gym?" If any of you suggest that...you don't know me very well...mornings are not my friend. Don't like 'em, never have, never will...certainly won't kid myself into thinking I'll stick to any kind of morning routine beyond rolling out of bed, brushing my teeth and getting dressed and going to work. I won't even give myself extra time in the morning to sit and eat breakfast (yogurt smoothie in the car ON THE WAY to work).
So again...we'll see what happens with the weight training...I need to build up some strength as well as endurance. I am concerned how the weights will affect my carpal tunnel...I have lost some strength in my right hand over the past year as the carpal tunnel has gotten worse...frightenly enough it's not "bad enough" to need surgery...I'm not sure I want to experience "bad enough" consider how much it hurts as is...and for the record, it doesn't hurt while swimming...just when I'm done (lucky me!)
Well...I'll be sure to continue posting...I know some of you MUST be reading this thing b/c I've gotten some comments...sorry they're not always super entertaining...I'll work on my story telling!
cheers,
Dianne
1 Comments:
Hey Namesake
Glad to see you are getting serious about your training. Keep up the good work and yeah, you are right, no mornings for you.
Is there a way for me to see what others are sending to you? I would like to see what others are saying, or is it secret?
Love ya
Aunty Di
Post a Comment
<< Home