Quick Update
Hi all! I've gotta say I'm loving my new coach. I'm practicing 3 times a week after work...typically 60 to 90 minutes. Most practices I'm swimming at least 1.7 miles with a few workouts over 2.3
Chris definitely tailors my swims to my needs...longer distance intervals and work on pacing...swimming each distance consistently. I am tired most nights when I leave the pool...but I am thrilled with the progress I feel like I'm making.
AND...silly little thing...but when he left my workout for me today (he wasn't going to be there so he left a written workout) he spelled my damn name right. Auntie Di and Di2...how the hell often does that happen?? I always have to say...two n's please! And then they want to know if there's an "e" at the end. Even though he wasn't coaching tonight...he was at the pool at the start of my workout and I asked how he knew to use 2 n's and he said "isn't that how you always spell Dianne" Now if only the rest of the world would think like him!! :>) Anyhoo...that is totally irrelevant to the swimming thing...but yet such a bonus!!
Aside from that update...what else can I tell ya'll. Relay for Life fund raising is going strong...Team Go Go is over $20,300...we're definitely taking top fund raising team this year!
I signed up to run a 10k (yes, run...not swim). It's in my neighborhood and a good cross training opportunity...gotta jar some of that chlorine out of my brain!! Still hoping to find one more open water swim before Key West. Need to spend some time looking online...somewhere in my free time!
Oh...and I quit drinking for the next 3 months. Figured my liver could use a break and my training could use the boost...so I'll enjoy that post-swim margarita EVEN MORE in Key West!
Okay...enough blathering on for now...love to all that are still reading this drivel! (hey Dr. Matt...is drivel actually a word or am I making stuff up again???)
love ya!!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home