Two Months Out and the Warm Fuzzies!
Sorry the blogs are fewer and farther between...this time it's really b/c I'm so busy...not b/c I'm not swimming!!!
Kickball season finally ended!! Yay!! (loved the game, not enough time for it right now!)
Relay for Life is this Friday and Saturday and the committee meetings and fund raising have been kicking my butt! Team Go Go has raised over $22,000 and the dollars are still coming in...we are trying to maintain our top fund raising team position..we've got a bank right on our heels...but we're not giving up first place...period!!
And then there's the swimming...I'm still hitting 3 practices a week...Chris in increasing my distance (per my crazy request) so tonight I swam 4000 yards. Some nights I feel better and stronger and faster...and some nights I feel like I'm just thrashing around in the pool.
I also RAN a 10K this weekend. It was the Temple Terrace Road Race and my beautiful and wonderful sister-in-law Beth got up extra early and drove to TT to run the race with me! She ROCKS!! We weren't the fastest girls out there...but we finished strong AND Beth placed in her age group! YOU GO GIRL!!!
I can't believe that Key West is less than 2 months away...OMG..where did the time go? I'm not really freaked out about the swim so much...more freaked about things like where are we staying? (don't even ask me about the whole renting a house thing), how the hell am I gonna put more sunscreen on in the water? Dave keeps asking a million questions about the rules for boat support...that I can't answer b/c...well, I just don't know. I need to register for the swim...the organizing people swear that their is no cap...so I can register that Friday in Key West. I don't plan on waiting until then...just haven't done it yet.
Anyhoo...it'll all work out. I'll register this week...there will still be a fabulous house for rent in Key West that WE CAN AFFORD. We'll stick a dive flag on the boat and Dad and Dave will STAY ON COURSE so I don't swim anymore than I absolutely have to...and there will be a nice (but UNthreatening cloud cover so I don't fry like a tomato in the south (looking for a metaphor here...anyone got a better one?? :>)
I am honestly overwhelmed at everyone's continued support and encouragement. My family, friends and co-workers have been awesome!! Aunty Di...you make me smile every time you tell Dede's Favorites to "step up"...although I hope you realize that I am hearing from many of them...just not via the blog or groups page! I am amazed at how many supporters plan to be in Key West...I know, I know...it's not JUST for me...there is Duval Street and Sloppy Joe's and the whole Key West thing...but it means so much to me to know I'll have family and friends cheering me on into the water and out of the water and hopefully available to carry me home after I fall down from ONE margarita!! :>)
Okay...I'm feeling very "warm and fuzzy" right now (and NO...I'm NOT drinking)...between Team Go Go's last minute push to raise EVEN MORE MONEY...and my fabulous friends and family supporting me in my crazy quest around Key West...I just feel BLESSED! Truly Blessed to have so much love and friendship in my life!!!
love to all,
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home