Diary of a Mad Swimmer

My journey from Couch Potato to "finisher" of the 31st Swim Around Key West in June 2007.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Everybody out of the water!

So...I force myself to leave work and go to the pool (have tons of work to get done before next week but really need to keep swimming!) I check in at the front desk, get changed into my suit, get my kick board and pull buoy, drop all my swim stuff at an empty lane...mind you...ALL the lanes were empty...but I kinda figured they were in between lessons...pool swimming has been odd since school let out...LOTS AND LOTS OF SCREAMING BABIES! Not to mention my coach has been gone by the time I get to practice the last two weeks b/c the junior team has early practice in the summer and I assume he takes whatever opportunity he can to go home (seriously, I don't think he goes home much!) He's been leaving workouts for me with another coach.

Anyhow...nobody was in the water...but I dump my dry stuff on a chair, proceed to put my swim cap on and I'm just getting ready to dive into the water when some lady says "you know the lap pool is closed, right?" Ummm...no, I don't know that...BECAUSE THERE'S NOT A SINGLE SIGN UP ANYWHERE!!

"Why's it closed" I ask...

"Because some kid puked during lessons"

You gotta be kidding me!!

Granted...it's a really big pool...and the kid couldn't have puked that much (right?) but they've shocked the pool and it's closed for "4-6 hours" which is may as well be tomorrow seen as they close at 8:50 pm (not 9, 8:50...whatever.)

Damn kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home