Diary of a Mad Swimmer

My journey from Couch Potato to "finisher" of the 31st Swim Around Key West in June 2007.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Last Blog before Saturday

10 Months of masters swim club fees = $400
8 Competition swim suits = $300
4 Swim Caps and 3 pairs goggles = $100
5 Bottles of super sweatproof, super waterproof sunscreen spf 5 zillion = $80
Umpteen gallons of Vitamin Water = $50
Industrial strength Zinc Oxide (1 pound tub from pharmacy) = $5
One Registration Fee to the 31st Annual Swim Around Key West = $90
Finishing the Big Swim = PRICELESS!

Bags packed (for the most part)... rental house secured...dog sitter in place (THANK YOU MOM)...pool social worker scheduled for my absence from work (YAY CHARIOT)..."1/2 way accomodations" ready (THANK YOU JENNY AND ERIC)...Boat support crew recruited (THANKS DAVE, DAD, GEORGIA AND BRANDY)...Cheering section and beach support arranged (wow...too many to thank!!!!)...

I think I have all the bases covered for Saturday. At this point there's not much more I can do but get in the water and swim. I assume at some point I'm going to get really, really nervous...but right now I'm still ok. I am really, really looking forward to making that that call that says "I did it!" All of you who have supported me along the way are so freakin' FABULOUS! I could not and would not have done this without out (because at some point if no one knew what I was planning I would have said "screw it"...but I couldn't do that...could I?? :>)

I wish there was some video link/web cam thingy so those of you back home could check in on me on occasion...unfortunately my Dad's boat ain't that fancy! Dave or Georgia will have my cell phone in hand...so you could always call it and say "GO DIANNE GO!!" :>) (wouldn't Dave just looooove that!!)

Pray (or do a dance) for nice weather, no rain, no lightning, no jelly fish, no stingrays, no sharks, turtles would be okay...and calm, even waters and that Dad navigates me smoothly around that land mass and Dave, Georgia and Brandy work well together!

splish-splash,
love ya
dianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home